Recommendations for books on Python and XML

Arto Viitanen av at cs.uta.fi
Tue Jul 27 06:37:39 EDT 2004

>>>>> "enjoylife" == enjoylife  <enjoylife_95135 at hotmail.com> writes:

 enjoylife> Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for Python/XML
 enjoylife> books. Amazon.com had 2 relevant books, Python&XML by Christopher
 enjoylife> Jones (from O'Reilly) and XML processing with Python by Sean
 enjoylife> McGrath.The O'Reilly book seemed to have better reviews.

 enjoylife> But it concerns me that both books are rather old! Does anyone
 enjoylife> have any newer references? Otherwise does the relative age of the
 enjoylife> books (+3 years) really matter?

Python has SAX and DOM. Since they are language independent standards, you
could use any XML documentation for programming and then check some Python
manuals (like http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/lib/lib.html). The XML
documents are normally for Java, but I guess there is no big difference.

Arto V. Viitanen				                  av at cs.uta.fi
University of Tampere, Department of Computer Sciences
Tampere, Finland				      http://www.cs.uta.fi/~av/