Prothon 0.1.2 is getting close to Alpha [Prothon]

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jul 7 22:19:30 EDT 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
>>What do _you_ mean by "industrial strength"?
>
> I meant it is designed to be industrial strength when it is finished.  The
> architecture/foundation is built from the ground up with that in mind.  I'm
> also making a bit of a comment that it will be more industrial strength than
> Python.

That claim interests me a lot.  I've found recent versions of
Python to be *very* robust.  I'd trust them with almost anything
at this point, more than I could say of most code in other
languages I've used.  Why do you think you can improve on that,
(or even be on par with it if you're writing the interpreter
from scratch)?

-Peter