Prothon 0.1.2 is getting close to Alpha [Prothon]

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Wed Jul 7 21:19:35 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Mark Hahn wrote:
>
>> Prothon is an industrial strength language that uses native OS
>> threads and 64-bit architecture.
>
> Mark, as someone with an "industry" perspective, I interpret
> the phrase "industrial strength" as meaning two things**, primarily:
> power and reliability.
>
> Does Prothon already have enough users and runtime to justify a
> claim that it is highly reliable?  I believe Python can make this
> claim fairly easily at this point, though even a few years ago
> I'm not sure that was the case.
>
> What do _you_ mean by "industrial strength"?

I understand your concern.

I meant it is designed to be industrial strength when it is finished.  The
architecture/foundation is built from the ground up with that in mind.  I'm
also making a bit of a comment that it will be more industrial strength than
Python.

And yes, I am a marketing force of one. :-)

I'm sure everyone can tell marketing claims like this from technical points
made elsewhere.  I make it clear that it is pre-alpha.  I made its status
clear at the top of the announcement and the marketing blurb at the
traditional place at the end.  I actually tried to think of some sub-heading
to put before the marketing blurb but I couldn't think of what it should
say.

In the last announcement I forgot the standard blurb and several people
emailed me and gave me flack for announcing something and not telling what
it was in the announcement.  I'm not very good at this marketing stuff. :-(