Looking for minimal SQL

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 3 17:07:19 EDT 2004

Marco Aschwanden <PPNTWIMBXFFC at spammotel.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to develop an app that is (more or less) database
> independet.

No such thing.  Entire database industry is about locking in customer to
their own products and upgrades, and to prevent migration to their
competitors at all cost.  Even with "open source" database like MySQL
and PostgreSQL, you'll see sufficient differences in C API which will
cause you to abandon what you're trying to do.

This conclusion is result of my attempt to add database interfaces to
shell:
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashdiff/
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/basp/

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
Q: What do you use to remove bugs on your Windows?  A: Windex.