Looking for minimal SQL

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Jul 1 12:52:11 EDT 2004

Dennis Lee Bieber  <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:42:28 +0200, Marco Aschwanden
><PPNTWIMBXFFC at spammotel.com> declaimed the following in
>comp.lang.python:
>> easiest way to go. For example: If Sub-Selects are not portable than I
>	"If"???	I think they are still on the TBD list for MySQL, so at
>the moment it is not an "if", it is an "as". <G>

They've been available since at least 4.1.0. Not always working
correctly, mind, but they've been there. In fact, I've hit
problems running SQL written for MySQL on Firebird becuase the
latter doesn't support nested selects in all the places the
former does....

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"