Easy way to remove HTML entities from an HTML document?

Christopher T King squirrel at WPI.EDU
Thu Jul 29 12:13:03 EDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Robert Oschler wrote:

> Speaking of learning cool things by osmosis, do you know of a well commented
> source of Python code, perhaps an Open Source project, that I could study to
> learn more interesting techniques like the regexp tip you shared?  I find
> that studying other people's code is the best way to avoid getting in a
> programming rut.

I seem to recall reading about that re.sub trick in something linked from
Pythonware's Daily Python URL (http://www.pythonware.com/daily/).  There
are often links there to interesting and useful code snippets from
ActiveState's Python Cookbook and other sources; I'd say start there if
you want to find neat tricks you can do with Python.

I'm not sure of any particularly "well commented" Python projects though
(I've never really looked into that), but you'll probably find some
interesting small projects in the Vaults of Parnassus
(http://www.vex.net/parnassus/).