Zope Products newbie question.

Wade Leftwich wade at lightlink.com
Fri Jul 23 09:04:00 EDT 2004

mir4uu at yahoo.com (mir nazim) wrote in message news:<425cc8d1.0407212145.2cf59ff at posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I am a PHP developer. i am currently studying Zope and want to migrate
> to it. I have developed a school management system in PHP. but now I
> want to implement it in Zope. I have worked through The Zope Book 2.6
> and Zope Developers Guide quickly(not thoroughly). My problem is that
> I am confused where to start.

Another post said "Don't use ZClasses", which is very good advice.

Python "Products" are a bit hard to get started with, but you'll be
happier in the long and medium-run. The best howto's I have found are
in the books "Zope Bible" and "Definitive Guide to Plone" (by Andy
McKay, just published, and really excellent. Order via the author's
website [ http://zopezen.org/ ] so he gets a commission).

I usually start developing a Zope project using only Scripts, Page
Templates, occcasional External Methods, and ZSQL Methods. Often
that's all you need to finish a project too.

-- Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY