Zope Products newbie question.

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 02:42:51 EDT 2004

Istvan Albert <ialbert at mailblocks.com> wrote in message news:<dY6dnXGNQOQMvJzcRVn-og at giganews.com>...
> mir nazim wrote:
>
> > Seems cool. Please eleborate it a bit. possibly with some examples.
>
> It is one of those things that are not well explained in the
> Zope docs ... adn this post too seems like it should belong
> to a Zope group.
>  <snip>

Istvan's advice is not a bad one, especially for somebody coming from
the Python world and wanting a quick startup with Zope. I will just
add the
following piece of advice. You will probably want to have your
templates and scripts in the file
system and not in the Zope database (if your are thinking of
delivering
your application or just if you are more confortable with the file
system).
The trick is to put your templates/scripts in a subdirectory of
"skins"
and add the following to your __init__.py:

from Products.CMFCore import DirectoryView
DirectoryView.registerDirectory('skins/my_scripts_and_templates',
globals())

assuming "skins" is a directory inside your package and
"my_scripts_and_templates" is the subdirectory containing your .py and
.pt
files.

          Michele Simionato