wxwindows question

Nuff Said nuffsaid at phreaker.net
Sun Jan 18 14:52:06 EST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:13:41 +0100, Lars Heuer wrote:

> Maybe WAX is an interesting project. It tries to build a wrapper ahead
> of wxPython to serve a more python-ic way to code python programs:
>
> See:
> http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/Wax
> http://zephyrfalcon.org/labs/dope_on_wax.html

Thanks for the links, Lars. I was not aware of Wax.

It looks like a good idea to me. But the following statement
from the second link does not sound too promising:

    "Frankly, I don't have the time to work on this project
    very much. That's why I only add new features when I need
    them."

Anyway, even if the project will not mature, it might show
a way to go with existing GUI toolkits. Write a wrapper which
is as close as possible to the original and then subclass the
widget classes in the wrapper to make their usage more pythonic.

Nuff