wxwindows question

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Thu Jan 15 08:21:14 EST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 11:31 Jason Tesser wrote in
<mailman.320.1074000727.12720.python-list at python.org>:

> I am looking into using wxwindows for a gui to develop applications.
> The
> Apps need to be cross-platform Mac, Windows, Linux. I work
> For a bible college and will be developing applications ranging from
> online
> Registration to business office software.  My question is what is
> your guys
> Experiences with wxwindows/python?  What is the best tool that is
> stable
> I can use?  I am looking into using wxDesigner with maybe Wing or
> Komodo.
> What do you guys think?

I'm used to use wxGlade to create GUIs, but you can do it with other
tools as well. A friend of mine likes more BOA Constructor. But my
development platform is Linux...

With regards to wxPython, I'm all for it. This a very good GUI and the
fact of it having native look on the OSs you cited above is a plus:
users won't be surprised with a new look in your application and
everything will be where they are used to get it.

You can take a look at GNUMed for a nice design using wxPython.

See you,
--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>