Best Beginner's Guide To Python?

electron someone at somedomain.com
Fri Feb 6 08:38:28 EST 2004

The Tao of Spike wrote:

> I've recentlty been getting into programming.  I was wondering what
> language to learn first and after asking around I decided on Python.
> I'm about half way through "Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python" By
> Josh Cogliati (http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/)
> and I'm wondering where I should go after this.  Any help is
> appreciated, thanks.

  The latest (2nd) edition of Oreilly's "Learning Python",
ISBN 0596002815, by Mark Lutz and David Ascher is absolutely
outstanding and much improved over the 1st edition which was also
good.  I own the 1st edition and currently have the 2nd edition
checked out from my local library.  The latter is so good that I
intend to buy it ASAP.

Regards