Best Beginner's Guide To Python?

Nuff Said nuffsaid at phreaker.net
Fri Feb 6 09:26:58 EST 2004

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:48:20 -0800, The Tao of Spike wrote:

> I've recentlty been getting into programming.  I was wondering what
> language to learn first and after asking around I decided on Python.
> I'm about half way through "Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python" By
> Josh Cogliati (http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/)
> and I'm wondering where I should go after this.  Any help is
> appreciated, thanks.

Next, I would recommend to read the official Python tutorial at the
Python website (http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/). After that,
I would not recommend to spend too much money on 'tutorial style' books,
but to get a decent Python companion (e.g. Python - Essential Reference
by David M. Beazley) which you can use for the next years.

(There is so much Python example code on the web that it is not really
necessary to buy a book for that IMHO.)

HTH / Nuff

BTW: Will there be a 3rd edition of David Beazley's book in the
near future? Any rumors?