[OPINION] - does language really matter if they all do the samething?

Paul Rubin http
Mon Feb 16 13:46:01 EST 2004

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
> In order to avoid infinite recursion of random-sword-magic-power without
> explicitly stating the base case (which is buried in the unpublished
> macro).  See my last posts on this thread where I missed that also and then
> added the line that makes the Python function version work.

There's no infinite recursion.  You only get the two recursive calls
on a high-quality sword, and even then, you only get it 2/7th of the
time.  The recursive calls are both for medium-quality sword powers,
so there's no further recursion after that.