Bartok card game

Sam stardif10 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 00:30:28 EST 2004

Hey all,

I want to create a computerised version of this game, though I'm not
really sure how to go about it. For those who don't know how the game
works, here's my attempt at a brief description:

It is very similar to the card game Uno, though played with a standard
deck of cards. An initial card is played off the top of the deck, and
then each player has to play a card of the same suit, or the same face
value in another suit. Whoever gets rid of all their cards first is the
winner.

The tricky bit is, the winner of a round gets to make up a new rule.
Some examples might be "when a club is played, skip the next player", or
"when a heart is played, the next player draws 2 cards", etc. So, I am
looking for a way to dynamically add rules to the game, without limiting
the possibilities too harshly. I could always just give a select few
rules to choose from, but then the game loses it's fun ;)

I've been thinking about it for a while, but no obvious path to take has
presented itself to me. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam.