Bartok card game

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Tue Feb 24 00:35:50 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:30:28 +1100, Sam wrote:
> The tricky bit is, the winner of a round gets to make up a new rule.
> Some examples might be "when a club is played, skip the next player",
> or "when a heart is played, the next player draws 2 cards", etc. So, I
> am looking for a way to dynamically add rules to the game, without
> limiting the possibilities too harshly. I could always just give a
> select few rules to choose from, but then the game loses it's fun ;)

Surely there are some restrictions on the rules that can be added;
otherwise, the first person to win a round could add a rule saying "I
win" and win the game immediately; or a rule saying "The next person to
play a card must bark like a dog and give me their house keys".

Can you give a reference to the restrictions on rules that can be added?
That would allow a better understanding of the problem to be solved.

--
 \         "Democracy is the art of running the circus from the monkey |
  `\                                       cage."  -- Henry L. Mencken |