Python mascot proposal

richard richardjones at optushome.com.au
Sun Dec 12 16:59:13 EST 2004

Dimitri Tcaciuc wrote:
> While I'm not absolutely positive, it looks like Python still doesn't
> have any official mascot or logo.

As already mentioned, there is a snake that gets used in a number of icons
around the place - the windows installer, for example.

> Hence, here's something I came up with
> yesterday. Its by no means a final version, but rather just a draft to
> show an idea. Here's a link to png file.
>
> http://www.sfu.ca/~dtcaciuc/art/pymascot.png

Very cute :)

Having said that, don't forget that Python's name has *nothing to do with
snakes*. Please consider sticking to the original roots of the language's
name: Monty Python's Flying Circus. IIRC, Guido has said a number of times
that he's not fond of using a snake for logos. Hence the MacPython stuff
uses a 16 ton weight in its icons.

    Richard