Python mascot proposal

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 16:23:11 EST 2004

Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:54:38 +0000, Dimitri Tcaciuc wrote:
>
>>I haven't came up with the name for that guy yet, so I'm leaving that
>>for public suggestions :). It is time Python gets an official face in
>>the Net! *cough* Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
>

> I mean no offense, this was just my initial reaction: I like the drawing
> itself, but the first thing that coloration brings to mind is the word
> "diseased". Sorry, I don't know how to make this sound less brutal without
> getting that across. But I do like the drawing.

Yeah, cool drawing, though I also think I'd change the colors too.  They
don't really match up with the traditional Python icon.  If you're on
windows this is in the root directory of your Python install, e.g.:

C:\Program Files\Python\py.ico

I don't know if this file is distributed with the other installs...

Anyway, your pic's cool, but I'd prefer to at least keep the same
coloring as the traditional Python python.

Steve