".>>>" is a good idea! (OT, was: Re: do you master list comprehensions?)

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:22:38 EST 2004

Kent Johnson wrote:
> You can copy and paste from a Windows command prompt. It's a bit
> bizarre, but
> - In the system menu for a command window, pick Properties
> - On the Options tab, turn on Quick Edit mode
> - Now you can copy and paste with right-click (!). If you have text
> selected, right-click will copy, otherwise paste. It's a bit strange but
> it works.

Yeah, I'm familiar with this -- all my command windows are enabled with
Quick Edit. =)  The problem is that I can't then edit what I've
copy-pasted.  I can, of course, copy a few lines, type in an edited
line, copy a few more lines, type in another edited line, etc., but this
gets tedious...

Sorry about not being clear about my problem!

STeve