".>>>" is a good idea! (OT, was: Re: do you master list comprehensions?)

Kent Johnson kent3737 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 08:03:12 EST 2004

Steven Bethard wrote:
> Very cool.  I didn't know about this.  Does anyone know how to make it
> work with Pythonwin[1]?  (Obviously, I can type the above in manually
> every time, but I'd much rather have Pythonwin do this automatically for
> me.)
>
> Steve
>
> [1] I'd do my example code at the command prompt, but I can't live
> without copy-paste. ;)

You can copy and paste from a Windows command prompt. It's a bit bizarre, but
- In the system menu for a command window, pick Properties
- On the Options tab, turn on Quick Edit mode
- Now you can copy and paste with right-click (!). If you have text selected, right-click will copy,
otherwise paste. It's a bit strange but it works.

I think it's wonderfully ironic that in Windows - which takes such pains to make everything keyboard
accessible - in a *command line* window, which is using keyboard input by its nature - you have to
use the mouse for copy and paste!!

Kent