favorite python web development tool?

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh at cafepy.com
Tue Aug 17 16:07:41 EDT 2004

mike wrote:
> hi all -
>

> i'm fairly new to python, coming from a java servlet / velocity template
> background.  i'm looking for a good python web development tool, and
> hope to find some suggestions here.
>
> given my background, webware+cheetah feels comfortingly familiar, and
> i'm leaning toward it.  before i dive in, though, i'm wondering what you
> experienced users think about it, compared to the other tools that are
> out there.  eg, does the python environment have strengths that are
> better exploited with something other than a servlet-like model?
>

> thanks for your thoughts!

My favourite is Quixote. Although I haven't used Webware much one thing
I can say is that Quixote is easier to grasp than Webware. It has simple
and powerful concepts and as a Python programmer I found it quite
intuitive. I think Quixote PTL (Python Template Language) is also the
'right way' to do web templates. With PTL, you reuse a lot of Python
knowledge instead of having to learn yet another template language.

Links:
http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/
http://www.quixote.ca/

--