Going the PL/1 way

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Sun Aug 8 14:18:43 EDT 2004

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:14:09 +0200, "Miklós" <nospam at nowhere.hu> wrote:

>Decorators, the way things are now, will IMHO actively entice people to
>abuse code.

Undoubtedly we will begin to see the decorator equivalent of the
3-tier architecture embedded in a list comprehension that one comes
across from time to time.

Though I find it hard to get too upset about the addition of a feature
that accommodates a portion of the community, and that can be safely
ignored in writing one's own code if it serves no needs of one's own.

And while I guess that could be said of most, if not all new features
that have caused controversy, I somehow see this feature more
modularized and offset than the others.

Perhaps the fact that it is so appraently unPythonic is what
modularizes it effectly enough to be considered non-infectious.

One hopes.

Art