Going the PL/1 way

Miklós nospam at nowhere.hu
Sun Aug 8 10:14:09 EDT 2004

news:cf59f7$ips$1 at news.uni-kl.de...

Sure thing I wrote that. :-)

> Nevertheless, I think Python has been
> pretty feature complete and I am not
> sure if @decorators are good or bad.

Decorators, the way things are now, will IMHO actively entice people to
abuse code.
A flawed analogy is computed goto's.  We all know by now that 'goto' is evil
;-) but computed goto's (albeit made code flow 'more powerful')
only worsened reading the  spaghetti code which results in the usage of
goto's.

> As far as I know they are part
> of C# and Java (recently).
> Maybe some experience and data
> has been gathered by them.

Dunno anything about C# but Java decorators are not that 'dynamic'. And IMHO
this is a good thing in this case.

Cheers,
  Miklós