emergent/swarm/evolutionary systems etc

Bud Rogers budr at local.host
Fri Apr 2 16:58:41 EST 2004

Leif B. Kristensen wrote:

> I know the feeling. For me too, the best way to learn a new language
> is to wallow in working examples.

Same here.  That's how I learned Perl.  I picked up the basics from
Learning Perl, but no clear sense of how to use it for my purposes.
Then I picked up Programming Perl and got thoroughly intimidated.  Then
I found the Perl Cookbook and fairly quickly learned what I needed to
know by scarfing the example code and modifying it for my purposes.

Now I find I'm following almost exactly the same trajectory with Python.
I have Learning Python and Programming Python, and just recently got a
copy of the Python Cookbook.  Yeah, this is gonna work out fine.