Pygame

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Sun Apr 18 19:04:54 EDT 2004

Alexander Rødseth <alexanro at stud.ntnu.no> schreef:

>> I ask again what you think should be the criteria for including
>> something in the standard distribution.
>
> I would say that Python should include anything that involves
> hardware access on a relatively low level, and have the rest as
> external modules and packages.
>
> Access to fullscreen 2d-graphics, and possibly 3d-graphics as well
> are just as "natural" as access to network cards, harddrives or any other
> piece of hardware. I just don't see the logic in obmitting it.

One thing you could do (possibly together with a group of other graphics
programmers), is to create a Python distribution which includes pyGame &
other graphics-related modules.

Look at Enthought's Python distro for an example:
<http://www.enthought.com/python/>
(Maybe they'll add pyGame if you ask.)

--
JanC