Pygame

Jakub Fast kfast at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Apr 14 16:39:14 EDT 2004

> Well, if it's not due to the licensing [...]

The fact that it has been used in commercial projects doesn't imply it
really is _commercial-friendly_ -- lgpl does impose obligations that,
albeit minor, still are a hassle and require some thought if you're
going to use it in your closed-source project. moreover, including it in
the python distribution would impose the burden of keeping track of
different licenses in your standard modules, which definitely is
something you wouldn't want to have ("ok, i used module this and module
that, so i'm fine to do this with my program, ... but wait module x uses
module y that uses module z which requires me to obey license a... doh).

well, at least _i_ hate sifting through a library for a single module
that i use that happens to have a more restrictive license...

kuba