Pygame

Steve Holden python at holdenweb.com
Wed Apr 14 21:37:45 EDT 2004

Alexander Rødseth wrote:

[...]> (Note: "ipv6" is just an example, for the sake of the name, I
know that it's
> not a standard Python-module).

In point of fact since Python 2.3 the socket module has handled IPv6.

But if you mean that geeks like, and therefore tend to include, geeky
things in their langauge distributions, you could have a point.

Nothing in the license stops you from building and distributing
"friendly Python", though, so you might consider putting your own
distribution together. If that's too hard, you will at least begin to
get the idea why PyGame (and this, that and the other) aren't in the
standard distribution.

If you get it together I believe you would increase Python's popularity.

regards
  Steve