Pygame

Alexander Rødseth alexanro at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Apr 18 18:16:52 EDT 2004

Den Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:37:45 -0400, skrev Steve Holden:

> Alexander Rødseth wrote:
>
> [...]> (Note: "ipv6" is just an example, for the sake of the name, I
> know that it's not a standard Python-module).
>>
> In point of fact since Python 2.3 the socket module has handled IPv6.

That's not what I said either. I really tried to stress that
it was just an example for the sake of the name. Please tell me
how I could possibly express this any clearer, so that I can
do so in the future.

> But if you mean that geeks like, and therefore tend to include, geeky
> things in their langauge distributions, you could have a point.

I mean that network-geeks have a tendency to ignore anything
that's got to do with graphics-programming.

> Nothing in the license stops you from building and distributing
> "friendly Python", though, so you might consider putting your own
> distribution together. If that's too hard, you will at least begin to
> get the idea why PyGame (and this, that and the other) aren't in the
> standard distribution.
> If you get it together I believe you would increase Python's popularity.

The point is that it's illogical not to support fullscreen graphics,
but a bunch of other stuff, without any explanation whatsoever.
The programming languages I know of, has a long tradition
of having some way of doing fullscreen graphics natively, and I don't
see any reason for Python not to have this possibility.

- Alexander