Kuhlman's tutorials pretty good

urnerk at qwest.net urnerk at qwest.net
Thu Apr 15 00:09:57 EDT 2004

<posted & mailed>

I like Dave Kuhlman's tutorials as well.  They seem to be in the right place
at the website now:

http://www.python.org/topics/learn/prog.html

However, in looking over 201, I see some scrambling of source code examples,
vs. surrounding text, e.g. when he's getting into regular expressions, some
of the examples have nothing to do with the explanations that follow.
Notably sections 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5.  2.6 is mostly OK except:

"""
Put together a new string with string concatenation from pieces of the
original string and replacement values. You can use string slices to get
the sub-strings of the original string. In our case, the following gets the
start of the string, adds the first replacement, adds the middle of the
original string, adds the second replacement, and finally, adds the last
part of the original string:

lineDef = delimitedList(fieldDef)
"""

Kirby