Dollar sign ($) on foriegn keyboards? (prothon)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Apr 21 11:43:51 EDT 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:

> Sorry if I annoy, but I've only posted a total of about 4 thread-starting
> messages.  The hundreds of messages have been replies.

when I posted my message, 25 of 48 messages visible in my newsreader
were Prothon-related.  that's a lot of noise, for all those who read comp.
lang.python because they're interested in Python.

> We do have active Prothon mailing lists, but no international members yet,
> which is why I asked this particular question here.

if you're serious about doing user research among Python users, you can do a
lot better than posting sporadic questions to a newsgroup.  only a small number
of all Python users reads comp.lang.python; only a small number of those that
read the newsgroup posts to it, and only a small number of those that posts are
contributing to your threads.  you can get a lot better results and generate a lot
less noise by doing a web-based questionaire, and post a single invitation here
and in other forums where Pythoneers gather.

> When I posted my first Prothon messages, I asked if I should stay away from
> c.l.p. out of courtesy.  I was specifically told to hang around here by
> several of the top Pythoneers

strangely enough, I don't see any top Pythoneers contributing to the Prothon
threads.  who are they?

</F>