Dollar sign ($) on foriegn keyboards? (prothon)

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 12:33:32 EDT 2004

[Mark Hahn]
>> When I posted my first Prothon messages, I asked if I should stay
>> away from c.l.p. out of courtesy.  I was specifically told to hang
>> around here by several of the top Pythoneers

[/F]
> strangely enough, I don't see any top Pythoneers contributing to the
> Prothon threads.  who are they?

I invited Mark to hang out here, and still do:  Prothon is trying some
design decisions that are very hard to try in CPython now, and how they turn
out is interesting to me.  I'm not personally interested in the dollar-sign
thread, but then any given person is highly unlikely to be interested in
most threads at any given time -- it's a newsgroup.

> when I posted my message, 25 of 48 messages visible in my newsreader
> were Prothon-related.

Which proves what?  That slightly over half of c.l.py contributors are more
interested in Prothon than in all other topics currently discussed here
combined <wink>?  c.l.py is what the posters make it, and Mark has been a
good citizen here.