Why we will use obj$func() often

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 29 12:56:09 EDT 2004

In article <cfYjc.17360$Qy.5220 at fed1read04>,
 "Mark Hahn" <mark at prothon.org> wrote:
> Can you share some of your daydream ideas?

Not really my ideas, it's pretty much all there in Haskell
and Clean (though I have no experience with the latter.)
Pure functional, strong static typing with type inference,
compile to native.  It isn't clear that it's ideal - there
may be some inherent limitations to exception handling, the
execution model is often awkward (cf. Monad) at least for
the beginner programmer.  So there's probably room for yet
another variation on the theme, but I'd be using Haskell
now if I could (weakness of platform support, institutional
acceptance.)

Haskell is good for you, though, even if you can't put it
to use in practice.  It's a thoroughly different approach
that's at least good for perspective.  And it's white space
structured.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu