CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Wed Apr 21 14:25:48 EDT 2004

"Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou" <tzot at sil-tec.gr> wrote ...

> you'll have to be more firm and decisive, I hope you know that...

You've chosen an interesting time to make that comment.  Before Prothon I've
had zero experience moderating anything, much less the barrage of opinions
that come into the language design process.

When I first started I thought everyone's opnion mattered and that I had the
job of merging eveyone's ideas into a grand scheme that made everyone happy
<hearty laugh>.  Now I am discovering that everyone has there own agenda and
that to a certain degree the more we discuss, the more people polarize
around their own agenda instead of converging on a shared solution.  We have
idea's that range from pure Self, to pure Python, to pure Lisp, to pure
original Prothon.

I think I have recently found a smattering of people who really do go with
the flow and we are starting to make some real progress (knock on wood).
The good news is that ultimately I have the BDFL powers and can use them
when needed.  Just having the power is what is important.  It is not the
using of them that is important.