CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Thu Apr 15 19:27:07 EDT 2004

"Jan Dries" <jan.dries at dcube-resource.be> wrote ...

> In all fairness, you are finding out that 6 of the 8 first people to
> respond to your post prefer CamelCase. The other two didn't voice a
> clear opinion in either direction. While I'm sure that might be
> indicative of some trend, it certainly does not mean 100% of Python
> users want camelCase.

Yes, I was definitely guilty of over-generalization.  I was just so
surprised that 100% of the first 6 who gave an opinion picked camelCase that
I got carried away.  Small sample sets like the first six can be deceptive,
but the odds of wide_names winning after this early response are near zero.
(Unless there is some correlation with camelCase-loving and quick-responding
:)