CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Apr 21 08:05:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:05:29 -0700, rumours say that "Mark Hahn"
<mark at prothon.org> might have written:

>Users on the Prothon mailing list were asking me (I'm the BDFL there)

If I may add a humourous note: you're the BCPFL of Prothon (Benevolent
Council President For Life), since, in the few months that Prothon
exists, you probably have asked the opinion of your current and
potential users more times than Guido did in the whole Python's
existence... Prothon is not a dictatorship for sure :)

Seriously: It's good that you want to please as many as you can, and I
am sure --without checking-- that initially Guido did that too for
Python; I'm also sure that this process led him to many decisions that
he later regretted.  I can guess that there are matters over which you
don't bother deciding (eg identifier case), but you'll have to be more
firm and decisive, I hope you know that...
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix