Is classless worth consideration

A. Lloyd Flanagan alloydflanagan at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 10:01:30 EDT 2004

has.temp2 at virgin.net (has) wrote in message news:<69cbbef2.0404290259.fd8d71c at posting.google.com>...

> Well, as far as Python itself is concerned, it'd go a long way in
> eliminating the hideously baroque and increasingly brittle OO model it
> currently has. But that's by-the-by; the real problem isn't with
> Python itself but in the "we Python programmers".

I wouldn't call it "hideously baroque", myself.  Yes, there are some
details that need to be cleaned up (and when do we get a target date
for Python 3?).  On the other hand, for most programming most of the
time, it's pretty straightforward.

Of course, I'm a C++ expert, so my standard of what qualifies as
"baroque" is probably pretty high. :)

None of which means I don't think your approach isn't interesting and
worth pursuing.  I look forward to seeing how it goes.