Is classless worth consideration

has has.temp2 at virgin.net
Thu Apr 29 16:54:58 EDT 2004

alloydflanagan at comcast.net (A. Lloyd Flanagan) wrote in message news:<e838aa6e.0404290601.37f6017c at posting.google.com>...

> > Well, as far as Python itself is concerned, it'd go a long way in
> > eliminating the hideously baroque and increasingly brittle OO model it
> > currently has.
>
> I wouldn't call it "hideously baroque", myself.  Yes, there are some
> details that need to be cleaned up (and when do we get a target date
> for Python 3?).  On the other hand, for most programming most of the
> time, it's pretty straightforward.
>
> Of course, I'm a C++ expert, so my standard of what qualifies as
> "baroque" is probably pretty high. :)

:)

> None of which means I don't think your approach isn't interesting and
> worth pursuing.  I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Prothon isn't my baby but Mark Hahn's - see <www.prothon.org>. (FWIW,
I also consider Prothon's OO programming model unnecessarily complex
in its current state, but it's still early days so who knows.) As for
seeing any language projects of my own, well I do have an idea of two
I'm just getting started on. But I'd not hold my breath if I were you,
as I'm a rather slow worker. :)