Is classless worth consideration

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 29 08:57:21 EDT 2004

has wrote:

> Well, as far as Python itself is concerned, it'd go a long way in
> eliminating the hideously baroque and increasingly brittle OO model it

I find it especially hard to find the enthusiasm to read past
the highly inflammatory phrase "hideously baroque".  I had to
do a double-take just to confirm that the poster is indeed
talking about Python.

If you think it's baroque**, say so.  Adding "hideous" just tells us
you are already highly biased against Python and poisons anything
else you were about to say...

-Peter

** Please double-check the definition of "baroque" that you are
using as well.  Very little of the meaning that I find at dict.org,
for example, has ever come to mind while using OO with Python.
Terms more like "elegant" and "simple" have come to mind, however,
which is quite at odds with your perception.  Strange, that.