CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Dave Benjamin ramen at lackingtalent.com
Sat Apr 17 18:43:43 EDT 2004

In article <pan.2004.04.16.01.04.02.124611 at hotmail.com>, Paramjit Oberoi wrote:
> * the real problem is the absence of a character for
>   indicating non-breaking spaces---that's why we have
>   to use all these damn_WorkArounds.

That's so funny; I was just thinking the same thing myself. After all these
years, they couldn't just make it easier to press? That's the only problem
here, IMHO; I *much* prefer reading lowercase_with_underscores. I never
noticed how much until I read this thread, because I have a slight hangover
and all these capWordsAreLiterallyGivingMeAHeadache. ;)

Out of curiosity, do most of us prefer CamelCaps for class names, regardless
of our opinions on variables, functions, methods, etc.? I almost never see
class names defined in lowercase unless they're built-in or user-defined
types meant to look like they're built-in.

--
.:[ dave benjamin: ramen/[sp00] -:- spoomusic.com -:- ramenfest.com ]:.
:  please talk to your son or daughter about parametric polymorphism. :