CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu Apr 15 13:44:47 EDT 2004

Here's my entirely non-scientific two cents on this.

I stated out programming on teletypes and card punches which only had a
single case, so I got used to underscores.  When bumpyCase started
showing up 10 or 15 years ago, I thought it was froofy and ugly and
hated it.  Gradually, I've come around and now find mixed upper/lower
very natural (including the initial cap for class names) and despise
underscores.  If an old goat like me can change, I figure everybody else
can too.

It's entirely unclear how any of the above should influence your
decisions on language design :-)