How do you make Python reliable???

Francis Avila francisgavila at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 00:21:06 EST 2003

"Aubrey Hutchison" <abhjrpe at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:DZGdnfzNJ7uTBD2iRVn-vQ at comcast.com...
> Using Python 2,3,2 with idle for developing programs
> about 200 lines long. - Problem is not common to any specific program.
> Program are rather simple with no trick programming. Usually no classes
but
> a few functions using math module with long integers.
>
> Usually for the first few tryout everything works fine and
> then idle locks "out" windows xp pro..  I can run other programs, but
> clicking on idle icon gets me an hour glass for a few moments and then
goes
> away.

I can't comment on your problems, but I will gently remind you that Idle !=
Python....

If you don't like Idle, use something else to edit, and run Python directly.
If this is too tedious, use an editor designed for programming, like Emacs
(or TextPad if that's too much).

That said, I use the Idle packaged with Python 2.2 on Win98SE (when I can't
get to a *nix box with a recent Python), and the only time it locks is when
I do some ridiculously expensive operation or get into a tight infinite
loop.  Even then, I'm always able to kill it without fanfare and start up a
new one (and with Win98, that's saying *a lot*!).
--
Francis Avila