How do you make Python reliable???

Aubrey Hutchison abhjrpe at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 23:52:29 EST 2003

Using Python 2,3,2 with idle for developing programs
about 200 lines long. - Problem is not common to any specific program.
Program are rather simple with no trick programming. Usually no classes but
a few functions using math module with long integers.

Usually for the first few tryout everything works fine and
then idle locks "out" windows xp pro..  I can run other programs, but
clicking on idle icon gets me an hour glass for a few moments and then goes
away.

Acts like I filled up memory but with 1 gig that should not
be a problem.

Word, Acad, quickbasic, and anyother program will work when python starts
doing this lock out. But python will not work.  Killing the computer is the
usual way out of the problem.

Shuting down just get me a dialog window telling me to click to shut down
windowmenu.  Which only gets me the
same dialog a few moment later.

Full power off is usually the only way, and at time upon reboot -the same
will continue.

When this happens I can load a game, Acad or word which work as they should.

When this starts I get an indication the idle is not responding and I kill
it with the status panel.Some times this happens only once but usually it
ends up as a lock out.

Computer is clean- no virus.

Thanks for any help

Aubrey