Is there python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks' ?

logistix at cathoderaymission.net logistix at cathoderaymission.net
Mon Oct 13 14:28:27 EDT 2003

bbiro at netian.com (Bart Simpson) wrote in message news:<10093a06.0310112024.76b8628f at posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' in Windows 2003 by python program.
>
> But I couldn't find any Python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'.
> I could find only Perl module about it. (see http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)
>
> But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)
>
> Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
> Or, is there another solution?
>
> Thanks!

Both XP and 2003 include a cli program called 'schtasks.exe'.  If
you're doing some limited tasks and not creating a whole new interface
to scheduled tasks, it's probably easiest to use os.popen to execute
schtasks commands.  "schtasks /?" should provide documentation for
you.

The "at scheduler" can be accessed via WMI.