weird unittest result

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Oct 1 13:29:21 EDT 2003

Gonçalo Rodrigues <op73418 at mail.telepac.pt> writes:
[...]
> ....Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'Socket' object has no
> attribute '_Socket__socket'" in  ignored
[...]
> All tests passing and yet some AttributeError is raised somewhere.

The exception message seems to have been damaged in the cut-n-paste.
Could it be that an exception was thrown in a __del__ method?

Plenty of threads in Google Groups about this, if you want to know
more (exception ignored group:comp.lang.python).

> This is even more bizarre because the Socket object does have a
> private __socket attribute.

Not if it has already been deleted, I guess.

John