weird unittest result

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Wed Oct 1 11:10:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

I use the unittest module for testing a given module's functionality,
by lumping several test classes and then at the end a simple

if __name__ == "__main__":
    unittest.main()

In one of these, I get, at a DOS prompt the following weird result:

C:\Gonçalo\Programming\Python\Code\Library\Connection>c:\python23\python
TestSocketstream.py
....Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'Socket' object has no
attribute '_Socket__socket'" in  ignored
..
Ran 6 tests in 0.040s

OK

All tests passing and yet some AttributeError is raised somewhere.
This is even more bizarre because the Socket object does have a
private __socket attribute.

Anyone has an inkling of what might be going on?

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues