weird unittest result

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Wed Oct 1 19:30:00 EDT 2003

On 01 Oct 2003 18:29:21 +0100, jjl at pobox.com (John J. Lee) wrote:

>Gonçalo Rodrigues <op73418 at mail.telepac.pt> writes:
>[...]
>> ....Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'Socket' object has no
>> attribute '_Socket__socket'" in  ignored
>[...]
>> All tests passing and yet some AttributeError is raised somewhere.
>
>The exception message seems to have been damaged in the cut-n-paste.
>Could it be that an exception was thrown in a __del__ method?

Thanks! I've been able to track the problem and it's precisely in a
subtle interplay between a test testing that a certain exception is
raised (which implies that the __init__ method is not completed) and
the __del__ method.

Simplest solution: delete __del__, it's not needed anywhere.

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues