Database connectivity

Jon Franz jfranz at neurokode.com
Mon Nov 24 13:43:47 EST 2003

> Another possibility is to see if an OR-thingie like PDO/SQLObject/...
> actually helps for database abstraction. I suppose they'll get really
> "fun" to use once you need advanced queries, though. Does anybody have
> any real-life experience with any of these Python OR mappers?

I have lots of experience with PDO - but it is not an OR mapper.
It's an abstraction layer on top of the DB-API that adds functionality
and attempts to make it easier to write your application to a single
API.  I guess you could say its the n-1th abstraction layer.

PDO might be useful for SectorUnknown's needs.

~Jon Franz
NeuroKode Labs, LLC