AI and cognitive psychology rant

Stephen Horne steve at ninereeds.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 05:10:04 EST 2003

On 3 Nov 2003 13:11:16 -0800, socraticquest at hotmail.com
(socraticquest) wrote:

>How are adults with Asperger Syndrome in this newsgroup managing
>career development agendas?

Sorry for not answering yet - I am not sure what to say about my own
situation, which is frankly bizarre. I'll have a think, and may reply
by e-mail later.

I will say that a lot of the people with AS that I've met IRL have
never had a job at all. Online you can get the impression that almost
everyone with AS is a computer nerd, but there is a lot of sampling
bias in that.

Also, while many people with AS have strong technical leanings, it
doesn't really follow that there will be loads of AS people in a
technical group.

--
Steve Horne