Stuck on inheritance

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Wed Nov 5 09:28:02 EST 2003

Duncan Booth <duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Xns942A5D6DA9BD3duncanrcpcouk at 127.0.0.1>...
> mis6 at pitt.edu (Michele Simionato) wrote in
> news:2259b0e2.0311042349.63530be8 at posting.google.com:
>
> > Notice that "function" is a built-in, so I changed it to "funct".
>
> Perhaps you are using an unusual variant of Python? The usual variants
> don't have a built-in called "function".

You are perfectly right, of course. I think I was mislead by my
secret hope that "function" will become a built-in in the future,
so that we may derive from it our custom functions. I would feel
that possibility somewhat more elegant than the current approach
(i.e. using callable objects). But it is just me, I also would prefer
an iterator base class over the iterator protocol we have now. It is
more of a little wish than a real necessity, anyway.

             Michele