Announcement: Obfuscated Python competition

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon May 19 22:26:21 EDT 2003

"Graham Nicholls" <graham at rockcons.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Bidya.73$rr2.61 at news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Gerhard Häring wrote:
> > It's possible to produce bad quoting with any newsreader. But
Outlook
> > Express users are particularly good at it, because their
newsreader was
> > heavily optimized for this behaviour.
>
> I hope that you aren't implying what I think you are ;-)

Perhaps not.  Outlook Express deletes tab from all posts, so people
who use tabs instead of spaces for indents end up (unintentionally and
usually but not always unknowingly) sending post obfuscated code to
people like me too lazy to find something else.  (But I can mentally
redent most snippets with an announced purpose -- its a tribute to the
clarity of Python code.)

Terry J. Reedy