Announcement: Obfuscated Python competition

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Tue May 20 08:02:00 EDT 2003

Graham Nicholls <graham at rockcons.co.uk> wrote:
> Gerhard Häring wrote:
>

>> It's possible to produce bad quoting with any newsreader. But Outlook
>> Express users are particularly good at it, because their newsreader was
>> heavily optimized for this behaviour.
>
> I hope that you aren't implying what I think you are ;-) - this comes to you
> from one of my multiple Linux (& Unix) boxes.  I'm running KDE3.x on
> SuSE8.2.  This is knode.  I also have taken the time to reply to as many as
> possible postings, so forgive me if the layout & spelling aren't perfect( I
> keep hitting ; instead of ' for instance).  Take a look at the time of my
> postings - when have I slept in the last 24 hours?  Of course, that could
> be why I'm starting to enjoy coding in Python.

I didn't think he was implying anything about your posts. I read that
as, "Just as some newsreaders (such as OE) make it easy to produce bad
posts, so some languages (such as C) make it easy to produce obfuscated
code."

Not-saying-anything-about-Perl-ly y'rs, :-)

--
Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com>
http://www.rmunn.com/